- 2 sticks butter
- 1&1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6&1/4 cup cake flour
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time beating until incorporated.
3. Add the vanilla extract and molasses, and mix until incorporated.
4. Add the flour,baking soda,cinnamon,ginger,cloves and salt and combine until a dough forms.
5. Chill the dough until needed or at least 2 hours.
This is only the initial step, it's just making the dough, because really that only as far as I got. This weeks post is about all of it, the templates,baking, gluing, decorating and all the rest of it.