day of advent. I was thinking instead that I would have a different cookie everyday instead of having a chocolate. Mostly the chocolates in the advent calendars are all the same, but if you made a differen tocokie for each day of advent there would be some change. Since it's around christmas time anyway it's time to get cookie baking anyway. These are one of my favorite cookies, super nutty and crumbly on the inside, light and vanilly-sugary on the outside.
Adapted from Koestliche Weinachtsbaeckerei
- 180g all purpose flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 70g sugar
- 200g (1 cup/2 sticks) butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 5 packets vanilla sugar
- 50g powdered sugar
1. Combine the flour,ground nuts,sugar,butter and eggs until a dough forms.
2. Place the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the dough into equal sized pieces, then roll each piece into an individual log, the end smaller than the middle.
4. Pre-heat your oven to 180C
5. Form the dough into a crescent shape, transfer onto a baking sheet then bake for 10-15 minutes.
6. Place cookies on a cooling rack, and cover in powdered sugar and vanilla sugar.
In cause you can't buy ground almonds or hazelnuts, you can just use your kitchen machine to grind them up, I did it this time and they had quite large chunks of nuts, which I didn't really like, so if you can you should try and get pre-ground nuts.