Monday, December 5, 2011

Spritz Christmas Cookies

These were my favorite cookies to have at my Aunt's house at Christmas time. I would search the entire cookie tin to find these, making sure I had actually found all the ones I could, and ate them all up. Spritz cookies actually means 'piped' and you make them using a piping bag and large star nozzle or cookie press. I own neither of the items so I just roll out small balls, and drizzle on some dark chocolate, which is a must. This recipe come from one of my countless Christmas cookie books, and I do believe this paricular recipe come from 'Himmlisches Weihnachtsbacken', although you'll be able to find the recipe in any ordinary german cookbook.
Spritzgebaeck:


  • 100g butter
  • 100g caster sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 150g flour
  • 100g cornflour
  • 40g almond flour
  • 3 tablespoons cream
Pre-heat your oven to 180C/350F
1. Cream together the butter,sugar,salt vanilla and egg-until light and fluffy.

2. Then add the cornflour and cream beating well until incorporated.
3.Finally add the flour and almond flour and beat until well incorporated.

4. using a piping bag and a large star tip, pipe wreath,'s' or finger shapes. 
5. Bake for 12-13 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. 



No comments:

Post a Comment