Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baking Disaster

Baking Disaster # 1
I wasn't  planning on blogging about this but I couldn't keep it for myself. The picture of the item below are not pork crusts (this is what some people in my house thought) it is/was/should have been cinnamon pull apart bread. But I was making chocolate wafer cookies too, so I'm just going to pretend that my little mishap didn't happen and blog about those. If anyone has a good cinnamon-pull apart bread recipe, please leave a suggestion in the comments below.
 I am not a fan of margarine so I only use butter, since I don't know how the commercial equivalent of these taste  anyway





Chocolate Wafer Cookies:
(Adapted from Joy of Baking)

  • 1 cup (130g) all purpose flour
  • 1/2 (50g) cup cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 6 Tablespoons (90g) butter
  • 2/3 (140g) cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 (100g)  cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg white



Method:
Pre-Heat you oven to 350F/170C
1. Combine the flour,cocoa powder,baking powder and salt. In a second bowl cream together the butter and the sugars, then add the vanilla and egg whites.
2. Add the flour mixture and mix thoroughly until a dough forms. Roll the dough into a log and refrigerate for an hour, then cut into 1/3 cm slices.
3. Bake for 10-12 minutes, cool on the baking sheet for two minutes then transfer to a baking rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment