Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Cheesecake

Chocolate Cheesecake
 I must admit it: I am not a huge fan of cheesecake. I don't know if it's because it has the word cheese in it that makes me think of cake with pieces of melted cheese in it, or that it is just so out of this world. Since this recipe does have chocolate in it I decided to try it because what dish with chocolate would not taste amazing? It's simple to make but I always get huge cracks and crevasses in my cheesecake, but that's probably because I don't mind them and my oven gets moody. The recipe calls for a 9 inch springform pan, but I use a 8' which worked the last time I made it but, for this recipe I would recommend a 10 inch pan instead.

Chocolate Cheesecake:
(Adapted from Emeril Lagasse's  'Theres a Chef in my Soup')
Ingredients:

  • 1&1/2 cups of chocolate cookie crumbs (such as chocolate wafer cookies)
  • 2 tablespoons Sugar
  • 1/2 stick (50gr) butter, melted
  • 6 ounces Semisweet Chocolate,melted an cooled
  • 2 1/2 pounds Cream Cheese
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cups sour cream
Method:
Pre-heat the oven to 375F/190C
1. Combine the cookie crumbs,sugar and melted butter. Spread the mixture evenly into a springform plan and pat down firmly. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 350F/175C.
2. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler and set aside. Cream together the cream cheese and sugar, then add the vanilla extract and cocoa powder.
3. Add the eggs, mixing after each addition, then add the sour cream.
4. Slowly add the melted chocolate.
5. Pour the mixture into the springform pan over the cookie crumb crust.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. (To prevent cracking you can place a tray of boiling water on the bottom of your oven.
7. Cool completely and then refrigerate for 5 hours. Slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment