Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Waffles Again

Cornmeal Waffles
I love anything with cornmeal, and in France it is hard to find, but when I found it, I saw all the possibilities that it brought with itself. I had actually already found a cornmeal waffle recipe before I had even dreamed of owning any cornmeal, just so I could be ready when if I ever do. Luckily, as you can see, I do now. This recipe is from 'Kate in the Kitchen' blog. http://kateinthekitchen.com/

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (140gr) all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup  (170gr) cornmeal
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3 large eggs
  • 2 cups(480gr) Buttermilk
  • 6 tablespoons oil
Method:
Pre-heat your Waffle Iron
1. Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
2. In a second bowl combine the whisk the buttermilk,eggs and oil.
3. Add the eggs mixture to the flour mixture and combine thoroughly, but don't overmix!
4. Pour the batter into your waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes or according to the manufacture's instructions.

I made these for brunch with eggs sunny side up and mushrooms, but they can be topped with gravy,sour cream, yoghurt or maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment