Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

The Best Recipe
I rarely bake chocolate chip cookies at home, because I didn't have a recipe that was good, although they were good, but I wanted amazing. Like chewy in the center,crispy at the edges amazing, so boy was I glad when I found a recipe for Mrs. Fields chocolate chip cookies, which I've heard are just the way I like mine. I found this recipe on 'Get the Dish' and I do believe it is an awesome recipe, but something that does make a difference is cold butter, that is why the cookies are so good, and don't skip chilling the dough for half an hour either.



Ingredients:

  • 2 1/2 cups (350g)all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup (100g) white sugar
  • 2 cups (340g) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (200g) butter, cubed and cold


Method:
Pre-heat your oven to 300F/150C
1.Mix the flour,baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat together the sugars and cold butter on low speed for about two minutes, unitl it looks grainy in texture.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla until just combined.
4. add the flour mixture and the chocolate chips until just incorperated.
5. Chill the dough in your fridge for at least 30 minutes.
6. Scoop or drop the cookies onto a cookie sheet, leaving 1 inch between the cookies.
7. Bake for 20-22 minutes until golden.

In one batch I made, I replaced the chocolate chips with peanut butter m&m's, which worked great, and it didn't only give them a peanutty  taste but also some color.

No comments:

Post a Comment