can be made at home. Does not, should not be store bought. Like a million other things, that you can make yourself. Monday posts are soley for this one reason: to show people how to make things they always buy, although they can make it themselves. Some people think that it would be very time consuming to make it themselves, which is sometimes the case, but Nutella isn't. It takes me under five minute to make nutella, as long as it would take me to find a jar of it in the store.
Recipe from PopSugar Living
- 2 cups (220g) roasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (230g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Sprinkle of salt
- 3 or more tablespoons of hazelnut oil
1. In your food processor, blend the hazelnuts until they become smooth and creamy about 5 minutes.(this is hazelnut butter at this point.)
2. Add the cocoa,powdered sugar,vanilla salt and two tablespoons of the hazelnut oil, and process for 2 more minutes.
3. Add the third tablespoon of hazel nut oil, and if neccassary as much as you need for your desired consitency.