Sunday, October 23, 2011

Shortbread

Some Shortbread
You are looking at a post on Scratch. I haven't disappeared into some remote hole in the ground, I was just on holiday, and i stopped posting... Not that I forgot or I was just too lazy to post anything ( although I was on holiday) it's just when you stay over at some'one else's house, you can't always go cooking things up, especially when you're out of the house the entire time! We did make some things though, although I didn't get around to posting about them, such as Mousse au Chocolat and Granola. Back to this post though: I love Shortbread, I love the way it's crumbly, I love the taste, I love having it with tea and I love how it's so simple to make. This is just a simple recipe I decided to go with after seeing a similar one.

Shortbread:

  • 250g unsalted butter,softed
  • 100g white sugar
  • 50g brown sugar
  • 300g all purpose flour
  • 90g rice flour
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
Method:
Pre-heat your oven to 160C/
1. Cream together the butter and sugars.
2. Then add the flours,cinnamon and salt and mix until combined. The mixture is sandy and crumbly-don't worry!
3. Divide the mixture in two and form into two rounds, score any way you like ( I did wedges) then prick the dough with a fork. 
4. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Make yourself some tea and enjoy it with this delicously crumbly shortbread.


No comments:

Post a Comment