Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pancakes

I am a pumpkin Junkie,
whenever I get my hands on a pumpkin I devour the entire thing. Pure, with butter, in bread, muffins,cheesecake, cupcakes, cakes, waffles pancakes,soup,as a main dish, as a side dish, with anything and everything. That is why I decided to make pumpkin pancakes, because I hadn't tried any and saw the website on foodwishes, and it seemed so delicious (although chef john makes everything look delicious) and so I went on to make some. And it looked like they were perfectly fine until, suddenly, out of no where they just turned entirely flat. Like floppy discs(you know what the older computers had) if I put a fork in a piece it wouldn't just be there normally, it would just flop down sadly. They still tasted ok, although I was no liking how they looked. Here's the link for the real recipe, and I followed it! So i don't know what I did wrong. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECLwu2hCG84


Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon table salt
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Method:
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour,sugars, baking powder and soda,cinnamon,ginger,nutmeg and salt in a bowl.
2. In a second bowl combine the pumpkin,milk,oil,lemon juice and zest, and egg whisking until smooth.
3. Add the pumpkin mixture to your dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Cook the batter in the pan, making you pancakes any size you want. (I would tell you how but my method doesn't seem to work.

I don't know what I did wrong, I looked for bubbles to appear on the surface and everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment