Monday, October 31, 2011

Candy Apples

Halloween is tonight...
and no one has come knocking on my door. Where I live no one does, and all I really have to offer are Halloween cupcakes. Although I now do have a few candy apples now. I have been searching for a candy apple recipe for ever now. And I still haven't found one yet, so I decided to give up and just make it up. Sugar melts doesn't it, making caramel right? Well, it really is that simple, all I did is was add a little butter to a pot and added brown sugar, and a little water, then slowly wait until it melts ans bubbles. And voila! Coat the apples with it and you have candy apples. So, here's the 'recipe'
Candy Apples:

  • 3 medium apples of your choice
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3 Popsicle sticks

Method:
Stick one Popsicle stick in the center of each apple
1. In a heavy bottom pan, melt together the butter,sugar and water. Then cook until it turns a deep brown color (because you are using brown sugar)
2. Take it off the heat, wait 1 minute then roll the apples in the caramel.

No comments:

Post a Comment