Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Chocolate Chip Waffles

Waffle Wednesday
When I was a little girl, I used to have eggo waffles with chocolate syrup. I remember them as the chocolate chip kind, although my mother tells me they were normal waffles covered in syrup. But either way I couldn't resist making them when I found a recipe, it's from 'addapinch' at Tasty Kitchen. It's perfect: Light,airy,and chocolaty so good in fact that I didn't have time to put the chocolate sauce on top cause I ate them.

Chocolate Chip Waffles:

  • 280g (2 cups) flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 1&1/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1&1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 127g (3/4 cup) chocolate chip
  • 250ml (1 cup) milk
  • 245g (1 cup) yogurt
  • 2 eggs
  • 50g (1/4 cup) butter,melted and cooled
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Method:
Pre-heat your waffle iron
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour,salt,baking powder and chocolate chips.
2. Seperate the eggs, and beat the egg whites until stiff.
3. To the flour mixture add milk,yogurt,vanilla,butter and egg yolks whisking until combined.
4. Fold in the egg whites
5. Cook in your waffle iron for 2:30-3:00 minutes.

This are delicious! And really they aren't as indulgent as you may think so there great for mornings. Everyday. No exuses either because you can make the batter the night before,the day you want them, or on the weekends and then freeze them. Which means they will take as long as any frozen waffle you buy at the store.  Hope you have fun making these!

No comments:

Post a Comment