Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Potato Waffles

Waffle Wednesday
When I was a kid my grandmother used to make me bavarian potato pancakes. I loved them but we never had any at home but I loved their unique taste and then I started wondering if I could make them into waffles. The same way people keep changing cake recipe into cupcake recipes, to make them the same kind or a classic flavor just in cupcake version. So I decided to make Reiberdatschi (that's what the potato pancakes are called) as waffles, and they turned out amazing! I didn't even need a recipe because it's one of those recipes where you have a lot of free room, to add ingredients, make mistakes and it's the easiest thing to make. All you do is throw some potatoes,eggs,garlic, oinons and flour in a blender-and it's ready.
Reiberdatschi Waffles

  • 750g Potatoes
  • 1 onion (medium)
  • 1 clove of garlic
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • pinch of salt
Method:
Pre-heat your Waffle iron
1.Peel and cut the potatoes into 1-inch squares.
2. Peel and cut the oinion and garlic.
3. Place the potaoes,oinion,garlic eggs,flour and salt in a blender and blend until completely combined. (it's doesn't have to be perfectly smooth)

4. Generously oil your waffle iron and add one cup of the mixture.


No comments:

Post a Comment