Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oatmeal Quince Waffles

Waffle Wednesday
I have been wanting to make oatmeal waffles for a while now. Then my mother asked if I could make waffles with quince in them, and I thought 'why not just  make a quince-oatmeal waffle? Chances are you don't have a  quince tree in your backyard ( I don't) so I also tried a plain oatmeal recipe which was amazing!!
Sadly I didn't make that recipe up by myself, its from Marna Heitz at allrecipe.com. The Quince waffle came out a bit soft, they weren't as crunchy on the outside as they could have been.  The oatmeal waffles are really tasty and I think they would go great with anything, sweet or savory, I think they would be awesome with blackberries in them. ( I ended up becoming addicted to this recipe and make it all the time, so I did make some with blackberries in them, only to notice that as much as I would like to love any form of heated fruit I don't. But if you do go ahead and give it a try add berries to the batter or pour warm fruit compote on top.)

Quince Waffles:

  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 cup yoghurt
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup grated quince (about three quince)
Method: 
Pre-heat your waffle iron
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the buckwheat flour,oats,baking powder,cinnamon,salt and all-purpose flour.
2. Add the milk, yogurt,eggs and mix to combine, then add the quince.
3. Pour the batter into your waffle iron and bake for 3 minutes. 

Oatmeal Waffles:
  • 1&1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1&1/2 cups milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Method:
Pre-heat your waffle iron
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats,baking powder,cinnamon and salt.
2. Then add the milk,eggs,and sugar and whisk until well blended. Then add the melted butter, and combine.
3. Bake in your waffle iron for 3:30 until golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment