- 355ml water, lukewarm
- 1&1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 360g(3cups) all purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 75g (1/3 cup) white sugar
- 230 ml milk
- 100g (1 stick) butter,melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Plenty of powdered sugar for generous dusting
- In a small bowl combine yeast, half the water, and a pinch of sugar and set aside until the yeast becomes bubbly and foamy (5-10minutes)
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then set aside.
- Beat together the egg yolks and the sugar until the mixture becomes light and airy, then add the yeast,water,milk and melted butter and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Then add the flour and salt and beat till a batter forms (no lumps this time)
- fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Cook in your waffle iron for 3-4 minutes and top with powdered sugar before serving.
I could only take a picture of part of a waffle this time, the other three parts seemed to have been misplace before had the chance to take a picture.