So here's the basic recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 150g (3/4 cup) sugar
- 500ml (2 cups) heavy cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Whisk the eggs, until light and fluffy for about 3 minutes.
2. Slowly sprinkle in the sugar, and whisk until fully incorporated.
3. Add the milk,cream,vanilla extract and the vanilla bean, (cut the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the pulp) whisk until fully combined.
4. Then pour into your ice-cream machine and churn according to manufactures instructions.
I didn't really measure out how many hazelnuts I used or how much ice-cream I had, I simply wanted to use what I had leftover from serving it to my friends (with the chocolate cheesecake)