Oreos (from Handle the Heat)
For the cookies:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Pre-heat your oven to 375F
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until just combined.
2. Add the egg, and mix until light and fluffy.
3. Then add the flour,baking soda,baking powder and cocoa.
4. Form the dough into little balls, and then flatten them out well.
5. Bake for 7-8 minutes, then lay them on a wire rack to cool.
6. In a large bowl mix together the butter,sugar and vanilla. Tint it a pretty color too if you want.