Monday, October 24, 2011

Make it Yourself

Chocolate Pudding,
is probably a childhood favorite for many. Not for me, my parents never made it and we didn't get to buy it at the store. Only when I went to my Grandmother's would I get to eat some, it was out of the packet, but it was definetly better than nothing, and it tasted really chocolately. I found a recipe the other day, and making pudding is sooooooooo easy. Or so I thought. I made it and it all looked like it was going well, cooked the milk and cocoa and flour, waiting until it was thick, added the egg and put it in the fridge to set. Only it didn't actually end up setting, it's still liquid now, after 24 hours! So I decided to make fudge Popsicles which are in the freezer now. So although I didn't set out to make fudge pops I have some now, I still don't know why I couldn't make chocolate pudding the normal way.I just ate one that was semi-frozen and it was like fudge ice-cream, next time I'll try to make some in my ice-cream machine. ( My old one broke ages ago, I just got one today, so there's lots of Ice-cream posts to come) It was AMAZING, in case you were wondering.

From Simply Recipes
Chocolate Pudding (or popsicles)

  • 55g (1/4) cup sugar
  • 32g(1/4) cup cocoa powder
  • 2 tablsepoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 liter (2 cups) milk
  • 1 large egg, room temperature
  • 110g (4 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate
Method:
1. In a pot combine sugar,cocoa and cornstarch and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until thick. 
2. Take the pot off the heat and add the egg whisking to combine, then the chocolate chips.
3. Pour the mixture into glasses or custard cups.(or popsicle moulds)
 4. Chill for 8 hours, until firm and if it never firms up freeze it

No comments:

Post a Comment