Thursday, October 13, 2011

Waffle Thursday

Today is Thursday
but since I didn´t get around to blogging yesterday(I was on a plane then drving up to the mountains) I thought that a post was better than no post. So, when I got up super late this morning, and my wonder aunt asked me what I usually had for breakfast, which is waffles, I didn´t expect her to have a waffle iron. Turns out she does, along with a few other weird appliances, but she does have you standard rectangle belgian waffle iron. I use to have a heart shaped one when I was a kid, and it frustrated me so much that I ended up not making waffles anymore, it didn´t flip and my waffles were only ever cooked on one side. Luckly today, that wasn´t the case because this waffles turned out beautifully in a non-flip waffle iron. These are just plain waffles, so it´s a good recipe to start with if you´re trying to come up with new waffle recipes.


Plain ol´ Waffles
Ingredients:

  • 350g(2&1\2 cups) all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 & 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 500ml (2 cups) milk
  • 80ml (1/3 cup) oil (such as sunflower)
Method:
Pre-heat your waffle iron.
1.In a bowl, combine the flour,baking powder and salt.
2. In a second bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar until slightly foamy, then add the milk.

3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until smooth, but don´t overmix.
4. Cook in your waffle iron for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
These waffles are great with anything, but I had my the classic way with Maple Syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment